ZHENGYANG MACHINERY EQUIPMENT Co.,Ltd.

       



Zhengyang Machinery Alibaba Facebook Twitter Linkedin Youtube

Phone:+86-371-86617456

Mobile:+86-13283840926

Skype:harbin0229

Email:sunymachine@gmail.com

Name:
Country:
E-mail:
Tel:
Message:
Message Project:
Time:
IP:
NewsHome > News >

Waste sorting is in full swing E-waste has long been a worldwide problem

Time:2019-07-15 15:44 Author:Suny Group

Since the official implementation of the strictest garbage classification in history, “garbage classification” has been the hottest topic of the year and has occupied the list of major topics. Even today, when waste sorting is in full swing, discussions about “e-waste” are still rare. In fact, as the world's fastest-growing waste, discarded electronic products deserve our attention.

Electronic garbage siege

According to the latest UN report, the total amount of electronic waste in the world reached 48.5 million tons in 2018, and it is expected to reach 120 million tons by 2050. According to the International Telecommunication Union and UNU, the 2017 Global Electronic Waste Monitoring The report shows that China has become the world's largest producer of e-waste. With the arrival of consumption upgrades and the speed of iterations of home appliance product upgrades, the number of used household appliances generated by ordinary households is increasing. According to the data of China Recycling Resources Recycling Association, by 2020, China’s annual household electricity consumption will reach 137 million. station.

Faced with this situation, how to lose electronic products such as mobile phones, ipads, TVs, refrigerators, etc., is really worth thinking about. However, it is understood that only 20% of e-waste is properly recycled globally, while the remaining 80% of e-waste may be dumped, burned or “recycled” by informal workshops and cannot be disposed of properly.

E-waste contains a lot of toxic chemicals, liquid crystal displays contain mercury, semiconductors and batteries contain cadmium, and old refrigerators contain freon. Untreated e-waste is directly dumped and incinerated, and the chemicals inside can cause irreversible damage to the surrounding environment and living things.

On the other hand, unreasonable disposal of e-waste is actually a waste of valuable resources. There are experts in environmental protection. Waste appliances and electronic products contain a large amount of recyclable non-ferrous metals, ferrous metals, plastics, glass, etc. Value resources, according to a UNU report, the value of raw materials contained in e-waste discarded every year in the world is as high as $62.5 billion, even exceeding the gross domestic product of some countries.

“Garbage is a misplaced resource”, and e-waste is no exception. Rational disposal of e-waste, recycling and reuse of it can not only protect the environment, but also create considerable economic value and alleviate the shortage of resources. The recycling of electronic waste has broad prospects.


Tags: